Cultural Enzymes

Sometimes, little things in our world can create big changes.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Influence....

For anyone who knows me very well, you know that two of the most influential books I've read have been "Roaring Lambs" and "Final Roar" by Bob Briner. I now think I'm in the process of adding a third book to that list. I've just started a book by journalist and law professor Hugh Hewitt, entitled, "A Guide to Christian Ambition."

Here's a quick excerpt that I read this morning:
"Though obvious, the means of acquiring influence are infrequently discussed among Christians. Thus what follows is a very "worldly" discussion, and not for the fainthearted who think worldly ambition is itself evil or who are repulsed by Alexander Hamilton's blunt conclusion that "fame is the highest calling of the noblest minds."

I'm only on page 26, but I can tell that this book is going to talk about the life I believe God made me for: a life of influence. Already, some have questioned my motives for the decisions that I (and Beck) have made in the last 7 years. To those people I say: Make your decision about me based on the next 30 years of my life. I have not been nor will I be perfect, but I know my final destinations both in this world and beyond.

May God be the judge of whether my motives are for fame, money or power, or to have influence on culture around the world for His glory.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog through a search I was doing. Hello there dear one! I find what you said about basing their opinion on you for the next 30 years of your life a very good one. Sometimes even those people that are closest to you don't know your heart or even the direction God gives you. I have learned that lesson all too well! I was glad to read your blog and very glad to see your doing so well. Get in touch with me! May God continue to be 'the strength of your heart and your portion forever'. (Psalm 73) :) Robin Resler Hartzell

1:30 PM  
Blogger Lucas Parry said...

Amen brother!!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home